November 23, 2023
Downtown San Jose, W Santa Clara Street, and N 1st Street
11 S 1st St, San Jose, CA US 95113
- The best way to get to the Trot is VTA! Check out their regular holiday schedule
- Driving to the race? Use the following routes to get to the race! Directions to the Race (please note after 7:45 am Highway 87 at Julian will be CLOSED):Reminder: All metered street parking is free. Please be aware of tow zone signs posted along the Elite, Kids, and Mass Participation courses. To see a list of parking locations CLICK HERE.• Southbound 280 – Exit at Almaden Blvd, turn left onto Almaden Blvd & park in any lots downtown.• Southbound 680/Northbound 280 – Exit on Seventh Street and turn right. Turn left on Reed and then right on First or Market Street. There are several parking lots downtown.• Southbound Route 87 (please note after 7:45 am Highway 87 at Julian will be right turn only) – Exit at Julian Street and turn right into the SAP center lots or Social Services lots.• Northbound Route 87 – Exit Santa Clara Street and turn right on Almaden Blvd and park in the numerous donated lots or exit at Julian Street right (until 7:45 am). There is a free parking garage if you turn right and then right on Market Street.• Southbound 101 – Exit onto Route 87 (Guadalupe Pkwy) then exit at Julian Street and follow the directions above.• Northbound 101 – Exit onto Interstate 280 northbound and follow the directions above.• North or Southbound 880 – Exit at 280- southbound and follow the directions above.• Northbound 17 – Exit onto Interstate 280 southbound and follow the directions above. Free parking is available at the SAP Center.
- Alternate ways to get to the Turkey Trot:
• VTA is using their regular holiday schedule for buses and light rail. Visit VTA.org for the schedule.
• Ride your bike! There are numerous bike racks downtown to lock up your bike or bring it to sweat check inside the festival area.
We arrange complimentary parking in many lots in the downtown area for participants and volunteers. Please see the map below for a list of these lots. While we try to keep the map updated and accurate, it is your responsibility to verify whether the parking is complimentary or not when you enter the lot. Most metered parking is free on Thanksgiving Day in the downtown area as well.
Race Day Information
When: November 23, 2023, Thanksgiving Morning (times and venue are subject to change)
- 7:00 am: Bib/shirt pick-up and gear check opens in the festival area (registration is only available online until 8:30 am on Thanksgiving morning.)
- 7:45 am: Costume Contest judging at the start line
- 8:30 am: Bib/shirt pick-up closes in the festival area
- 8:30 am: 5K Run/Walk & 10K Run start
- 9:00 am: Kids Fun Zone opens in Arena Green West
- 10:00 am: Awards ceremony at festival area stage
- 10:30 am: Kids Fun Run (ages 2-7) starts in Kids Fun Zone
- 11:00 am: Gear check closes in festival area
- 11:30 am: Event conclusion
Race day gear check is in the Festival Area. All items must be in a clear type stadium bag. NO backpacks, purses, or large satchels. Gear check opens at 7:00 am and closes at 11:00 am.
Where: Downtown San Jose
- START: W Santa Clara St at N First St
- FINISH: W Santa Clara St at Delmas Ave
- FESTIVAL SITE: 340 W St John St
Why: In the past 18 years, we have donated over $11 million to local charities. It allows participants to start Thanksgiving Day off on the right foot by celebrating generosity and wellness with a diverse group of runners and walkers committed to investing in their community.
How: Participate by registering, volunteering, or donating to the event. If you are registering, remember there are many categories you may qualify for, and would be fun for you to possibly win a certain category. Check out our timed and non-timed categories for more information.
Who: You! Your family, friends, colleagues, and neighbors. The more the merrier.