The Can Do Challenge is one of the most important components of the Silicon Valley Turkey Trot. This drive collects critical food that provides thousands of individuals and families with meals during the holiday season.
Let us know you’re participating by selecting the “Yes- I’ll bring 5 cans of healthy food to donate to local families on race day” when you register. You can also make a cash donation – where every dollar equals 2.4 pounds of food.
- Meals in a can (soup, stew, chili)
- Tuna or canned chicken
- Peanut butter
- Canned foods with pop-top lids
- Canned fruit in its own juice or water
- Low-sodium canned vegetables
- Olive or canola oil
- Low-sugar whole grain cereals
- Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
- No sugar-sweetened beverages or candy, please. Please avoid donating items packaged in glass.
We request that you do not donate bulk quantities of rice, flour, or sugar. Although we appreciate and can utilize every donation we receive, the Food Bank does not have the repackaging facilities needed to properly distribute such items.